Monday, October 31, 2011

Final Blog Post

This entrepreneurship project has been a very interesting and enlightening learning process.  It allowed me to create an idea for a website and be able to build off and expand that idea.  Starting from a simple idea of a music social networking site, I was able to actually figure out a way to make this site exist.  By applying class content to my entrepreneurial idea I was able to gain a better understanding of the class material.  I was able to understand the material better because I was applying it to a real life data base concept.

My idea for a music social networking site started out as a very simple way for artists to get their music out and share with the world.  It was a very general idea, but as we learned about different concepts in class I was able to expand on my small idea and create something that can be very useful for the modern day musician.  My original idea was to create a site as a sole means of music sharing, but as we learned more material I started to head in the direction of musician to fan communication.  Artist will be able to create a band page in order to upload songs, videos, and new feeds.  The users will also be able to create a fan profile that will give them access to the bands page so they can listen to songs, watch videos and comment on their page.  If the fan wants to send a message to the band they can simply either write a written comment or they can upload a video.  My website will allow artist to create QR codes that will display messages that the fan can view.  My allowing the artists to upload songs, in MP3 format, the fan will be able to listen and share their music.  I will be using MP3 files instead of .wav files because they are smaller files.  This will allow the website to run faster and smoother because it is taking up less space.  Since this website will contain a lot of different artists I will be using multiple servers to ensure that the website is running smoothly.  I will be using different types of programs to ensure that the efficiency and quality is pristine.  When artists upload a picture it will go through PhotoShop to fix the colors to make it of high quality. I will have a security team monitoring the website to prevent threats from outside users.  My entrepreneurial idea has developed from a simple idea of a music website to a music social networking site. It will be very beneficial for unknown artists to get their name out and for mainstream artists to share new material.

I had a very great experience with this entrepreneurial idea because it allowed me to come up with an idea and be able to expand on it. It allowed me to take the concepts that we spoke about in class and be able to apply it to a real idea.  It takes time to create an idea. It all doesn't fall into place at the beginning.  It takes time and experience to develop an idea.

Peer blogs that I commented on:

- Carolyn Blackburne (blog 1)
http://carolyn-blackburne.blogspot.com/

- Jason Rostkowski (blog 1)
http://jasonrostkowski195.blogspot.com/

Peter Costa (blog 1)
http://petec21.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment